After receiving a product sample, together with the device's application program and corresponding handbook, Futurasmus KNX Lab will use the ETS and EITT software tools to confirm that the described operation actual matches the real behaviour.
On top of that, the data point types (both standardized and non-standardized) will be verified.
More precisely, the following will be done:
- Study the device's functionality, according to the handbook provided by the manufacturer.
- Plan the tests to be done: with the full amount of existing parameters and the adequate combinations, a structure of “tailor-made” tests will be designed.
- Configure the product with the ETS for each one of the tests (in combination with a test panel approved by the KNXA)
- Parametrize the test sequence in the EITT
- Execute the tests and check the results (compared with the expected results)
- Generate the final reports (“Comply” or “Not comply”), that will be sent both to the client and to the KNX Association